Game help & information
On the internet, people may not be who they appear to be.
Do not share your personal information!
This game requires a new version of Java. If the game does not start, you can update Java by clicking here.
The battle for the air begins! Germany vs. Great Britain. Choose your side and fly your planes to victory as you re-create the aerial battles of the First World War!.
Welcome to the exciting world of the aerial battles of the First World War!
The game only has two rooms, both of which are open to all users free of charge. These rooms are full most of the time: as soon as one player leaves, another comes in!
If you would like to secure your access to the game you should invest in coins before entering the game. Additional rooms will not be created for this game in the future. It will remain an almost entirely coin-based game. This allows us to develop future Playforia games, all of which have been, and will continue to be, free of charge.
Functions in The Lobby:
Once you have signed in you will be brought to the Lobby. Here you can choose which room you want to enter. After you have chosen a room you can join the game by clicking the “Join” button. You can also use the Lobby to chat with other users or to join one of the ongoing games as a viewer.
Controlling the Aircraft: (arrow keys):
- Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to control your aircraft. Left and Right Arrow keys turn the nose of the aircraft up or down, depending on which direction you are flying in.
- The Up Arrow key will spin the aircraft around.
- The Down Arrow is used to stop/start the engine.
- Pressing the Spacebar makes the pilot jump out of the aircraft. Press the Spacebar a second time to deploy your parachute.
- To shoot your machine gun press the Control key, or alternatively you can press the dash (-) key.
- When flying a Bomber, you can drop bombs by pressing the Shift key, or alternatively pressing the Full Stop/Period key.
Controlling the Pilot (after the parachute jump):
- Press the Spacebar to open the pilot’s parachute.
- Once your pilot is safely on the ground, use the Left and Right Arrow keys to move him around.
- To shoot your pistol press the Control key, or use the dash (-) key if this is easier for you.
- Try to make it back to your home base!
- Please note that using the “bomb key” (Shift or Full Stop) will destroy your pilot on the ground.
Choosing an Aircraft::
- Press Enter to select an aircraft.
- You can use the Left /Right Arrow keys to change airports.
- Change your aircraft type by pressing the UP/Down Arrow keys.
- The “Y” key allows you to write a message to all users in the room during the game.
- The “U” key allows you to write a message to players on your side only. This is very useful when discussing tactics!
- The Esc. key allows you to show or hide the screen in which past discussions can be read.
- By holding down the Tab key during game play, you can display game statistics (players, personal scores, air drops, etc.).
Objective of the Game:
The objective of the game is to win the aerial battle by destroying all enemy aircrafts and airports. Usernames and names in the “radar” will be displayed in RED if they are the enemy, and in BLUE if they are your team-mates. If your aircraft is shot down, you have to make a parachute jump and try to get back to your airport.
You will score/lose points as follows:
- Destroying an enemy aircraft or pilot: you score 10 points (+10).
- Destroying your own team’s aircraft or pilot: you lose 8 points (-8).
- Hitting an enemy airport with a bomb: you score 2 points (+2).
- Destroying your own aircraft/pilot: you lose 5 points (-5).
- Hitting your own team’s airport with a bomb: you lose 1 point (-1).
- Destroying an enemy airport: your team scores 100 points (+100)!
By typing "clan [Clan name]" in the console, a clan tag will appear in front of your username. For example, if your username is wizard33 and your clan "Eagle" you can write: "clan Eagle" -> [Eagle]wizard33